Monday, May 23, 2011

Behind Your Website

I just finished doing the copy for two websites: one a nonprofit, the other a company being started by seasoned entrepreneurs. In both cases, it paid to step back and ask basic questions before starting the actual writing and design of the site architecture.

Here are the basic questions you need to ask yourself before doing your own site:

What is the purpose of the site?
Who is the target audience?
What do I want them to do after visiting the site?
What information is the visitor likely to be seeking?
What do I want to tell them?
How do I want the visitor to contact us?
Have I made it easy to contact us and to navigate from one place to another on the site?

I know all this may be pretty basic, but in our rush to get things done, we often forget to ask these important questions.

Here's the nonprofit site: www.aginginplacegallivant.org

No comments: