Thursday, September 25, 2008

Marketing Basics

Last week I attended OMMA Global in New York City. I thought I'd learn all that I never knew about digital media and all the new platforms. Instead, I found out that I knew just as much as the people giving the talks. They all went back to basics.

You can't execute or buy the new media without understanding your target audience and the benefits you deliver to them. How basic can you get?

The creative should be appropriate to the media you're using -- another basic.

Sure, there were all sorts of cool companies with vertical marketing opportunities, widgets, and digital delivery mechanisms. But they're all worthless, if you don't have the marketing basics down.

To learn more about the questions you should ask when planning -- see my website -- www.upstartbusinessplanning.com.

No comments: