Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why I Love Teaching Entrepreneurs

Last night I had the opportunity to be a guest speaker in an adult education course at Norwalk Community College on writing a business plan. The course is being taught by an attorney, Cliff Ennico, who has a couple of decades of counseling entrepreneurs, in addition to owning his own businesses. Cliff also was the co-host of MoneyHunt, a PBS TV show, that was somewhat like today's Shark Tank.

I've got to say that I was blown away by the ideas that Cliff's students (all women) have for businesses. When I heard their executive summaries, I thought, "This is what makes our country so great, people with entrepreneurial spirit and great ideas that fill needs."

I was also glad to see that these women were going to the trouble of taking a class that would teach them the basics of starting a business and writing a business plan. The plan is your road map to success and also your marketing tool to raise start-up capital. The planning process is valuable because it makes you think through the details.

You can learn more about Cliff and what he does for business owners at his website: http://www.cliffennico.com/.
  

No comments: