Friday, August 29, 2008

Attracting Customers

Every business sells something. The challenge is attracting customers who will buy what you're offering.

The buzz word today is "networking". Everyone says you get clients and customers through networking. Even big consumer package goods companies and auto companies are trying to network with consumers via social networking sites. Networking is just the first step in establishing a relationship.

This past week I've undertaken a new project for myself -- reconnecting with potential customers, keeping up with current clients and reaching out to contacts who might have ideas for new customers for me. It was hard to start. But now that I'm going, I'm picking up momentum.

Of course, my first step was having a goal. The second was to make a plan. The third -- to execute.

If you want to build your business, you have to contact your customers and potential customers.

No comments: